- Start by blitzing your cookies in a food processor then tip in the butter and mixed until fully incorporated. When the cookie mixture resembles wet sand, tip into a 9inch cake tin. Press gently into the cake tin creating a flat and even layer. Bake for 10 mins in the preheated oven at 160 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then move on to your brownie layer, begin by adding melted butter, melted dark chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt to a bowl. Then separate eggs, add your egg yolks to the bowl and place your whites in a very clean separate bowl. Whisk the yolks through the chocolate mixture and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy, about 1 minute. Then add in your white sugar, beat until stiff peaks form. Add the meringue mixture to the chocolate mixture and fold in gently with a spatula. Once completely combined, add in your flour and give a final mix. Pour brownie batter over the baked cookie layer, smooth out the top and bake at 160 degrees for 30-35 mins.
- While your brownie layer bakes, move on to the chocolate custard. In a heatproof bowl, place the butter and chocolate, set aside. In a saucepan, add sugar, salt, cocoa and cornstarch, mix to combine and place on a low heat, pour in ¼ of you milk and whisk vigorously. As the pan warms add in the rest of your milk and then the egg yolks. Continue whisking until a thick custard has formed. Remove from heat and pour the custard over the butter and chocolate. Whisk again to melt in the butter and chocolate.
- Once the brownie layer has baked, allow to cool slightly, then pour over your custard and cool in the fridge for 4 hours.
- To finish, whisk double cream until stiff and dollop onto your pie, decorate with mini eggs and plenty of sliced dark chocolate and enjoy!