- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Take the bread and rip it into pieces, then drizzle with 2bsp of olive oil and season with salt. Place on a baking tray and bake until golden and crispy, roughly 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and gently cook the shallots and garlic until softened, roughly ten minutes.
- Pour over the double cream and add the chopped spinach and ham. Season to taste. You can keep some of this aside to freeze for a later occasion.
- Place a few croutons in a ramekin and spoon over the spinach mixture, allowing a few croutons to poke through. Make a little hollow in the mix and crack an egg into it, then sprinkle with parmesan and bake until the white has set but the yolk is still runny.