Big on flavour, but without the pork, these Heinz Sausage Rolls are everything you’d ever want from a savoury veggie snack. For anyone who thinks that meat makes everything better, this recipe proves that sausages aren’t everything. Whisper it quietly. Baked Beanz still pack a punch.
- Drain Heinz Beanz and sauce into a saucepot. Set Beanz aside for later use.
- Heat sauce over medium heat. Stir in Heinz BBQ Sauce and heat through, set aside
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms until all moisture is evaporated and the mixture is dry.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash together Beanz. Add the cooled vegetable mix, breadcrumbs, Amoy Soy Sauce, chives, paprika and pepper and mix to combine into a thick filling.
- Dust a surface with flour. Place the ready rolled puff pastry on top and cut into 4. Spread Heinz Glaze in a line on the puff pastry.
- Arrange the Beanz mixture in a log on top of the sauce on oneside of the puff pastry leaving a slight edge bare.
- Brush the edge with egg wash. Fold over the pastry and press to seal. Use a fork to seal the pastry and create a pattern.
- Repeat with remaining mix and pastry to make 8 sausage rolls. Brush with egg wash and cut a few lines in the pastry for design.
- Bake until golden and pastry is puffed (30-40 minutes).