- Combine Vegan Big Mac Sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roast the mushrooms, tossed with a little oil, until they've reduced by around half.
- At the same time, spread the beans on another baking tray and roast for around 20 minutes, until they've split open.
- In a food processor, blitz the oats and cashew nuts to small crumbs.
- Whisk together the Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo, spices and seasoning in a large bowl. Add rice, mushrooms and beans and finally the oat/cashew crumbs. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until fully combined and sticky, then take half and put it through the food processor until it’s a smoothish paste, then mix it back in again. Shape into thin patties (the mixture will be wet - add more blitzed oats if it's too sticky) and then set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- When ready to assemble the burger, heat around 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet or heavy bottomed frying pan and fry two of the patties (per burger) on both sides until they are a crisp, golden brown.
- To assemble, spread the burger sauce on the bottom bun and top with chopped onion, shredded lettuce and vegan cheese. Top this with the first pattie, then the middle burger bun and repeat (but without the cheese, swapping instead for the pickle).