Over the last few months, we’ve all had to be a bit more anal about our snacking. Through no fault of our own, diving headfirst into an open bag of crisps or furiously scrapping over the last cookie is now off-limits. We’re all going to have to come up with more creative ways to treat ourselves.
Fortunately for any forlorn snackers, one of the world’s biggest doughnut brands has a ready-made alternative. In order to ensure that their customers can continue to enjoy their pastries responsibly, Krispy Kreme has unveiled an all-new one-metre long box, designed so that diners can share doughnuts without ever breaking social distancing guidelines.
Released this weekend, the new elongated boxes come complete with a collection of handy tips for making the most of sharing opportunity. As the instructions state, customers should:
- Grab Away: check the measure of your arm and select any tool for you to reach your treats, Krispy Kreme recommends household items such as BBQ tongs, Salad Scissors, or even a (clean) dog ball thrower.
- The Smell Zone: The sweet smell of the doughnuts is enough to lure anyone across the safe distances, take care when opening the box as people will struggle keep their distance!
- Please Stand Behind the Line: As customary when travelling safely, Krispy Kreme encourages you to consume safely. Customise your own tablecloth or picnic blanket with appropriately spaced markers so guests know where to sit whilst eating.
- Bite-Trick: Add Krispy Kreme Bites to your selection then, shoot, aim and fire them into your mouth - the first to reach three in a row, wins.
- Treat Yourself: Why not eat some of the doughnuts with family whilst on the way to your destination, you can then space out the rest in your dozens box.
- Don’t Let the Weather Rain on Your Parade: You don’t have to miss out on any fun if you stay at home this weekend - have your treats delivered to your door by a Krispy Kreme delivery.
Watch Hugh make Piña Colada doughnuts in the latest episode of 'Food Palace':
Even though one metre’s worth of doughnuts will excite anyone with even a slightly sweet tooth, it’s important to bear in mind that this isn’t the new normal for Krispy Kreme. As the brand explained, only five of the boxes have actually been made available and will be shipped to select British customers who share snaps tagged with @KrispyKremeUK and #1MetreDoughnutBox.
But, even if you can’t get hold of a huge doughnut box, there are other reasons to be a cheerful Krispy Kreme fan. To coincide with the limited edition packaging, the brand has unveiled its new summer range of flavours.
According to the brandPlu, the new selection features:
“...the return of much-loved signature treats including Nutty Chocolatta available across all Krispy Kreme stores, Caramel Iced Doughnut and Original Filled with innovative filling flavours on rotation starting with Caramel. Chillers, Shakes and Ice Kreme will be all returning and sure to bring smiles to the nation.”
There might not be enough one-metre boxes to go around, but there’s still plenty of doughnut-related good news.