Lea & Perrins Beef Shin Ragu Pappardelle
- Take your best heavy bottomed casserole.
Heat the vegetable oil and add the onion
rings, cooking over a medium flame for
roughly 15 minutes, until softened and
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon
and add the beef pieces (you will need to do
this in batches) turning them over to get
some nice colour. Try not to burn the base of
- Deglaze with the red wine and add the
vinegar and paprika. Cook out for a minute
or so before adding the onions and beef
back in along with the bay leaf. Season with
- Pour over the stock and bring to a gentle
simmer. Cook for around two to three hours,
until the beef is tender but not soggy and
you have a thick sauce. Gently shred and
remove the bones.
- Add the marjoram, lemon zest, lemon juice
and the Lea & Perrins and stir through the butter. Season to taste.
- Toss through the pasta, using some pasta
water to help create a smooth emulsified
- Mix together the marjoram leaves, garlic
and lemon zest to make a gremolata for a