- PASTRY CREAM: in a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Then whisk in the yoghurt, eggs and butter. Place over medium heat, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil and let bubble for about 1-2 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl, cover the surface with cling film and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- CURD: Blend together the mangoes, sugar, lime juice, salt, until smooth. Add the egg yolks and blend until smooth. Strain into a medium saucepan, and dispose of the pulp. Straining might take a while, but make sure you do it or the curd will end up pulpy.
- Heat the over low heat, whisking frequently. When you see a few large bubbles form (around 75ªC, remove from the heat and whisk in the chunks of butter, one by one, until combined.
- Transfer to a clean tray to cool and then in the fridge for a couple hours until completely set..
- In a large bowl, add the warmed milk, sugar and yeast. Whisk and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the yeast bloom.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the flour and salt. Stir to combine. Then add the butter and mix until smooth. Cover with a cloth until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down slightly. Divide the dough into 70g balls, roll tightly. Transfer the rolls to individual squares of parchment on a tray and cover, let rise until doubled in size.
- Heat oil to 170ºC. Add the doughnuts to the oil and remove the parchment right away. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown.
- Cardamom sugar: mix the sugar and cardamom together
- Cut a slit in each of the doughnuts in the middle using a sharp knife. Fill each doughnut, one half with the pastry cream and the other with mango curd. Top with chopped pistachios