- To make your meatballs combine your pork mince, beef, dried fennels, parsley, black pepper, salt, bread crumbs, milk. Roll into small meatballs and place on a plate. Heat a large skillet over medium and add olive oil. Pan fry your meatballs until crisp. Remove meatballs from the pan once crisp and golden brown.
- Add your chopped garlic and chilli; saute until the garlic is fragrant, pour in your plum tomatoes and 100ml of water, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and add your meatballs back into the pan.
- Drop-in your gnocchi and turn off the heat. Place sliced mozzarella and a grating of parmesan on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- While your gnocchi bakes, make your pesto, blitz basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Once your gnocchi has baked, drizzle your pesto on top and serve.