Upgrade your burger buns this January with a plant-based recipe that will leave you wondering why you ever bothered with bread. This Crispy Sweet Potato Hashbrown Burgers, courtesy of the clever folks at Meatless Farm, bring a Mexican twist to the classic sandwich, serving a vegan patty between two satisfying sweet potato buns. It’s meat-free, made delicious. Now available at Whole Foods USA.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, white onion, garlic, olive oil, gluten free flour, sea salt and black pepper.
- Use a wide cookie cutter as a mould to press thick disks of the hash brown mixture. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- On a microwaveable plate, cook the disks until they are cooked through - roughly 3 mins on high.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the hash browns until they are nice and crispy - meanwhile, cook your Meatless Farm burger according to packet instructions.
- Whilst this is going on, mash your avocado with half the lime juice. Mix the other half with the red onion to pickle it a bit, then mix the whole lot together.
- Build your burgers! First place down a burger bun, then put some lettuce & tomato on top, followed by the meatless farm burger & guac on top. Finish with a final bun.