For anyone convinced that more meat means more flavour, our latest recipe may come as a shock! From the twisted minds at Meatless Farm, we are proud to present our all new, 100% plant-based lasagna stuffed potato skins. Sweet, rich and seriously delicious, meat free has never tasted so good.
- Turn on oven to 200°C. Place potatoes on a baking tray, rub with olive oil and salt and bake for about 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a large saute pan over a medium-low heat. Add your onion, carrot, celery, red pepper and green pepper and cook until soft, about 10 mins. Add your mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins, until all of their liquid has been released.
- Add the vegan mince and cook for 5 mins until starting to BROWN?!. Add your chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt your vegan butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add your flour and cook out for 2 mins. Gradually add your soy milk in small increments, beating vigorously to ensure the mixture is totally smooth before adding more liquid.
- Once all the liquid is added, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 min until the sauce thickens. Add your nutmeg, onion powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Chop the top off your potatoes, scoop out the flesh out of your potato skins (save for another recipe). Drizzle them with oil and pop back in the oven for twenty minutes.
- Place a layer of bolognese and a layer of béchamel sauce in the bottom of each skin. Repeat this process twice until the potato is full. Top with vegan cheese and return to the oven for 20 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve!