Molten Brownie Bottom Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prep an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee then mix together well.
- Add the white and brown sugars to the mixture and whisk together well.
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, and salt into the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add batter to pan and smooth to the edges. Set aside
- Heat milk and cream together until boiling.
- In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Gradually pour in the heated cream and milk into the eggs while whisking. Whisk through the vanilla as well.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthwise and spread the chocolate hazelnut spread inside. Close then slice in half or thirds. Pour into a bowl and cover with the custard mix.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes to soak completely
- Then carefully layer the bread pudding mixture on top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 5-60 minutes until soft, set and golden brown.
- For the rum sauce, heat the butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once smooth remove from the heat.
- Add the rum cinnamon and salt, followed by the heavy cream. Stir to combine well.
- Serve the cake while still warm and pour over the rum sauce on each serving!