- Mix the flax and water together in a bowl and let sit to thicken.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil and when hot add the mushrooms and sauté. Put the onions and garlic in and cook until softened. Add half of the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and 2 tbsp water. Cook until it is absorbed into the mushrooms and onions and there is no liquid left.
- Add the oregano and chilli flakes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the oats and walnuts and blend to a coarse meal. Add the mushroom mixture and blend until combined. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the flax mixture and chopped parsley until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper/baking paper.
- Shape into 12-14 balls and arrange on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and the plum tomatoes, and break apart with a spoon or a potato masher. Let cook for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add them to the pasta sauce and stir to coat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti, and stir to coat well. Serve with fresh chopped parsley and cheese of choice.