- To make the waffles, add all the ingredients to the blender starting with the liquids first. Then blend until smooth. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan add the bacon and cook until crispy, then remove with a slotted spoon. Add the onions and garlic and thyme; saute until caramelized. Add in the brown sugar, maple syrup and coffee and bring to a simmer. Put the bacon back in the pot and stir to combine. Continue cooking until thickened and jam like.
- Then transfer to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped set aside until ready to assemble.
- Let’s make the sausage patties. Shape the sausage meat into squares or rounds depending on your waffle maker. Add a bit of oil to a nonstick pan and sear the sausage until golden brown on both side and cooked through. Keep warm.
- Heat your waffle maker according to the directions. Spray the grates with a bit of oil or brush with oil. Pour in the waffle batter and close the lid. Let it cook until golden brown. Continue with all the batter and keep them warm in the oven at 150ºC.
- Remove the waffles and build the sandwich.
- Place one waffle down and spread the bacon jam liberally. Top with a sausage patty and a crispy fried egg and sprinkle some chives on top. Top with the second waffle and enjoy!!!