In the first episode of Cornershop Challenge, Sophie scavenged in her local shops with £5 to bring you... Pea Tikka Masala Noodles. A food shortage masterpiece. Any curry paste would work in the place of the tikka one used, and if you can't find tinned peas then frozen would also do. Use whatever flavour of noodles you like best!
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Add your red onion and cook on a medium heat until soft and starting to caramelise, about 5 mins.
- Add your curry paste and cook out for a couple of mins, until the oil separates.
- Add your coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce until your sauce has thickened somewhat, and is a lovely colour.
- Add your drained tin of peas and cook for a minute or so longer, just to heat through.
- Cook your noodles according to packet instructions, then tip into your sauce. Stir to combine.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve!