Created in partnership with Co-op
- Crush the tomatoes (you can use a pair of scissors in the can for this).
- Add the onion, garlic and olive oil and simmer gently until reduced in volume by half. The sauce should be really thick. Season to taste.
- Separate into batches and freeze the ones you aren't using.
- Butter both sides of two slices of your bread. Assemble the sandwiches - tomato sauce, pepperoni, sliced mozzarella.
- Fry in mild olive oil until toasted with oozing cheese.
- Spread more tomato sauce and top with salami and mozzarella and bake until the cheese is bubbling.