Chocolate Pastry cream:
- Heat the cream, milk, and vanilla in a pot to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and corn flour until smooth and plae and fluffy. Pour some of the warm liquid into the eggs while whisking to temper the eggs. Then pour the entire mixture back into the pot. Continue to heat while stirring until it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 85º.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Using a hand mixer blend the chocolate to ensure it’s evenly melted. Transfer to a new bowl, cover the surface with cling film and let set in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- hen transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle
- In a large bowl, add the warmed milk, sugar and yeast. Whisk and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the yeast bloom.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine. Sift in the cocoa powder and add the food colouring. Add the flour and salt. Stir to combin into a dough.
- Then add the butter and mix until smooth. Cover with a cloth until doubled in size, about 45 min- 1 hour.
- Punch dough down slightly. Divide the dough into 70g balls, roll tightly. Transfer the rolls to a lightly greased parchment lined tray. Cover and let rise again until doubled in size.
- Heat oil to 170ºC. Add the doughnuts to the oil and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Roll each donut when fresh from the oil in sugar
- Cut a slit in the doughnuts with a sharp knife in the middle top. Fill with the chocolate pastry cream.
- Dip the strawberries half in melted dark chocolate and the other half in melted white chocolate and place on top of the chocolate cream filling in the middle.