- Begin by marinating your chicken, in a large bowl add your chicken thighs, buttermilk and spices, mix well and cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- While your chicken marinades make the peanut butter sauce. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, Sheep Dog Whisky, soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk and a diced red chilli. Bring to a simmer and allow the mixture to thicken about 3-4 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove your buttermilk chicken mix from the fridge and make your seasoned flour. Combine plain flour and spices in a large bowl. Then dredge your seasoned chicken in the flour mixture. Place on a wire rack and until ready to fry.
- Once your chicken thighs are coated, heat vegetable oil in a heavy based pan and fry until golden brown about 5-6 mins. Remove from oil and place on a wire rack.
- To assemble your burger, toast your brioche buns in a pan, cover the base with a serving of grape jelly, next your fried chicken then cover generously with the peanut butter sauce, top with the lid and enjoy!