- Begin by marinating your chicken thighs, in a bowl with soy sauce, ginger liquid and sugar. Cover and let stand for 20 mins.
- Place the flour in a tray or large bowl. Pull the chicken out of the marinade with chopsticks and drop it into the flour, one piece at a time. Shake any excess flour from the chicken and place in a tray in a single layer. Allow the floured chicken to stand, uncovered for at least 5 minutes before frying.
- Heat the oil to 180°C in a wide saucepan. Add the chicken to the oil in batches. For each batch, fry for 1 minute then remove the chicken to a rack and rest for 30 seconds. Return the chicken back to the oil and fry for 30 seconds, and then rest on a rack again for 30 seconds. Transfer the chicken back into the oil for one last blast of 30 seconds to a minute.
- To make the crema, add sour cream, mayo, togarashi, vinegar, soy and sriracha to a bowl or blender and mix well.
- In a bowl, add finely sliced daikon radish, radish, chives, white cabbage, black sesame, sesame oil and ponzu sauce and toss gently.
- To assemble, place your flamed charred tacos on a plate, load on the karaage chicken, the radish salad, crema and finish with a garnish of coriander and lime wedge.