Created in partnership with Co-op
- Heat a pan with 2tbsp vegetable oil and add in diced mushrooms, once the mushrooms begin to brown add in diced garlic and the Cajun seasoning. Cook for another 5-6 mins until the mushrooms are crispy and delicious. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add more veg oil to the same pan and reduce the heat to low, add in the sliced onions and season with salt. Cook slowly for 30 mins, add water when needed to stop them from catching. As they cook they will release natural sugars and begin to caramelise.
- Once the onions and dark golden brown, remove from heat.
- Grate the cheddar cheese into a bowl and place a tortilla wrap on a chopping board.
- Load your tortilla wrap with a layer of caramelised onions followed by the spicy mushrooms and finally the cheese with a tortilla on top. Push down gently on the quesadilla and place into a large frying pan.
- Cook until crispy and the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!