- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, chilli flakes, Chinese 5 spice, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown and lightly charred.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake until cooked through; about 12-15 minutes.
- Shred with forks and keep warm
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oils, sugar, salt pepper, garlic and ginger.
Spring Onion Tacos:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the salt and flour together with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the centre and stir boiling water into the flour to create a dough.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and knead for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary. Cover with a tea towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make a paste by mixing the ¼ flour, sesame oil and salt together.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a thin rectangle with the.
- Brush with the paste and sprinkle some five spice and the scallions, lightly covering the surface of the dough. Roll like a pinwheel from bottom up, then roll right to left like a snail. Tuck the end in, then flatten into a thin circle. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Roll out into about 6-7” rounds. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Pan sear on both sides until golden brown, set aside to keep warm and continue with remaining dough.
- Add the finely sliced spring onions to ice water and let sit for 10 minutes to curl up. Mix together the carrots and cucumber in a separate bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the spring onion tacos. Drizzle with chili oil if desired. Top with the carrot and cucumber and then the spring onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy