Looking for the secret ingredient that delivers perfect bakes every time? Then Stork is the spread for you. Featured in this seriously delicious Strawberry and Coconut sponge, there’s a reason why bakers have been using Stork to make fantastically fluffy sponges for over a century. If you want to shake things up in the kitchen, Stork is the only place to start.
- In a large bowl combine your plain flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or by hand, beat your Stork butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping with a rubber spatula as you go. Add in your egg whites and mix on medium speed until fully combined or whisk well. Then add in your vanilla, sour cream and coconut milk. Mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Begin adding your dry ingredients and shredded coconut, add small amounts at a time, mixing as you go. Then pour your batter into two lined 9’’ cake tins and bake in a preheated oven for 24- 26 mins @ 175 degrees.
- To make your jam, add washed strawberries to a heavy based pan followed by your jam sugar. Cook for about 9 mins until the strawberries have softened and the jam has become nice and thick.
- To make your frosting, combine room temperature Stork butter, cream cheese, icing sugar, coconut milk and both extracts. Mix on medium speed in a stand mixer or by hand until the icing is smooth and fluffy.
- Once your sponges have baked and are golden brown, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To assemble, remove your sponge from its tin and place on a cake stand. Add a layer of jam to your sponge, followed by a layer of sliced strawberries and finally a layer of coconut frosting then place the second sponge on top. Then cover the top and sides of your cake with the remaining coconut frosting. Decorate with toasted coconut, fresh strawberries and edible flowers and enjoy!