Spaghetti Meatball Soup Bowls
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meatball ingredients except the cheddar cheese.
- Take 1 tbsp of the meatball mix, flatten and fill with a piece of cheese. Wrap the mixture around the cheese and roll into a tight smooth ball. Repeat with remaining mix and cheese
- Arrange on prepared tray, brush with oil and bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, add oil and saute onions until softened. Then add the garlic and spices and cook through until aromatic followed by the tomato paste and cook through for 1 minute.
- Pour in the passata, chicken stock and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Break the pasta in half and add to the pot. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the meatballs back in and let simmer until ready to serve.
- Mix melted butter, garlic and parsley together. Cut the centre out of the sourdough boule. Brush with garlic butter all over- inside and out. Lay sliced mozzarella in the middle with some hanging over the sides.
- Cut the centre part removed into cubed and brush with garlic butter. Place both on a tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Pour ladles of soup into sourdough. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and chopped basil.
Crispy Chicken Lemon Spaghetti
- Mix together flour, 1 cup parmesan, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Coat chicken in mixture and press to adhere.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Reduce temperature of the pan to medium. Add butter and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add lemon juice and let reduce slightly. Pour in cream and remaining parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked spaghetti, parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat
- Serve pasta and sliced chicken on top .Garnish with additional parsley (optional)
Tuscan Chicken Spaghetti Pie
- Combine your Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour your seasoning over your chicken along with some oil and rub in to your chicken breasts
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat and add your chicken breasts. Cook for a few mins on each side until they are tender and starting to turn golden. Remove from the pan and shred with 2 forks.
- In a large saute pan over a medium heat, fry some bacon until the fat is mostly rendered. Add your butter and tip in your onions and continue to saute for 5 mins. Add your mushrooms and saute for another few mins until they have released their liquid. Add your garlic and cook out for another minute before adding your tomato puree.
- Tip in your flour and cook out for 2 mins until it starts to smell biscuity.
- Gradually pour in your chicken stock, whisking all the while to ensure you have a smooth sauce. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes until your sauce has thickened.
- Pour in your cream and simmer again until your sauce has thickened before adding your chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, parmesan, basil, italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour your spaghetti into a large bowl and add your parmesan, eggs, double cream, salt and pepper and use tongs to combine.
- Line a square tin with parchment, butter and parmesan. Lay half of your spaghetti in the tray and top with some mozzarella, your chicken and vegetables, reserving some of your sauce for later. Top with more cheese, then top with your remaining spaghetti.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 25 mins.
- Remove from the tin and top with your remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for another 10 mins until your cheese has melted.
- Cut into squares and serve!