Cheese Stuffed Mash Beef Pie
What could be more comforting than oozing, cheese filled mash balls bobbing around on an aromatic beef sea? Our cheesy mash beef pie is the epitome of winter indulgence, a celebration of all the nice things in these long dark months.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and brown the beef.
- Remove from the pan and stir the butter in to deglaze the pan a little. Add the onion and sautee until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute before stirring in the flour.
- Pop the beef back in then pour over the wine, stock and passata. Season and place the lid on and let it bubble away gently until the meat is tender.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Meanwhile, season the mash and form into small circles. Chop the cheddar into cubes and place 1 in the middle of each circle, then fashion each into a ball of mash with a cheese centre.
Pizza Mash Roll
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). In a large bowl mix together mashed potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, eggs and flour until smooth.
- Lay out slices of pepperoni in a large rectangle 5x7. Carefully spread mashed potato mixture over top and flatten with the back of a spatula.
- Lay cheese over top and using the parchment paper roll into a log.
- Bake on a sheet tray for 20 minutes until just golden and set.
- Serve with sauce.
Cheesy Mashed Potato Fries
- Mix all ingredients together (make sure the mash is cold!). Spoon into a piping bag.
- Fry in hot oil (roughly 170°C/340°F until golden and crisp.
Cheese Bacon Mash Meatlog
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix together the mince, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic and seasoning and push into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix the mash with the butter, milk and gruyere. Spoon this over the top of the loaf and bake for a further 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with gravy.
Cheesy Mashed Potato Scotch Eggs
- Mix together mashed potato, bacon, cheese, spring onions, salt and, pepper until combined.
- Press a handful in your palm. Place a soft boil egg in the centre and gentle wrap and seal tightly.
- Repeat with remaining mix and eggs. Set aside to chill.
- Set up a breading station. Toss each in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining mash eggs.
- Fry at 175ºC for 2 minutes until golden brown