Got some leftover mash crowding your fridge? Don't just throw it out– here are 6 Leftover Mash Hacks that are creative, delicious, and fight food waste!
- Combine your mash with eggs and flour.
- Ladle into a hot frying pan and fry fro 2 mins per side.
- Serve with bacon, fried egg and roasted tomatoes.
Cheesy Chilli Muffins
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop into muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 mins at 190°C. Serve warm!
- Combine your mash with your beef mince, onion, garlic, parmesan, egg, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Roll into balls, then pan fry over a medium-high heat.
- Serve over spaghetti in tomato sauce!
Spicy Potato Bombs
1) Mix your potato with spices, ginger and garlic paste, chilli and coriander and mix to combine.
2) Roll into a golfball sized ball and stuff with a 1 inch piece of cheese.
3) Dip in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
4) Fry in oil heated to 180°C for about 5 mins until hot and golden. Serve immediately!
Mash Topped Chilli Pie
- Combine your mash with cheese in a bowl.
- Spread over your chilli filling in a baking dish
- Bake for 25 mins at 180°C.
Croque Monsieur Taquito
- Mix your mash with your cheese, ham and a pinch of black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Arrange lengthways on one side of a tortilla wrap. Brush the edge with egg wash, then roll up into a cigar shape.
- Pop on a baking tray and bake for 20 mins at 180°C. Serve!