Your favourite snack just got a major fast-food upgrade thanks to the inimitable taste of a McDonald’s Big Mac®! Made with official Big Mac® Special Sauce, these delicious Scotch Eggs are the perfect blend of picnic food and burger and every bit as irresistible as they sound. Your next party is about to become very popular.
- In a large bowl, mix your beef mince, onion, breadcrumbs, mustard, onion granules, salt and pepper until totally combined.
- Take a handful of your beef mixture and flatten. Place an egg dipped in flour in the middle and wrap around the egg until it’s totally covered.
- Dip your ball in flour, then beaten egg, then your flour combined with sesame seeds.
- Heat your vegetable oil to 170°C.
- Gently lower your eggs into the oil a couple at a time and fry for 5 mins until crispy and the beef is tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice your eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.
- Add your yolks to a bowl and add your Big Mac® Special Sauce. Mix until you have a totally smooth paste. Pop in a piping bag fixed with a large star nozzle.
- Pipe your mixture into the yolk’s space in the scotch egg and serve!