1. Heat the oil in a sautee pan and fry the onion and mushrooms
until sticky and reduced in volume. Remove from the pan and
add the beans, cooking until they've dried out a little, roughly
2. Add the beans to a bowl and use a food masher to pound until
they are largely broken up but still with some distinct pieces of
3. Get a large mixing bowl and add the cooked onions and
mushrooms, the mashed black beans, the BBQ sauce, the egg,
the mayonnaise and the panko breadcrumbs. Season liberally
with salt & pepper.
4. Place the mixture in the fridge for around an hour to allow the
mixture to bind together, then fashion into four burger patties.
5. Place a tablespoon of Boursin on top of two of the patties and
press the other two on top, to give you two Boursin stuffed
6. Grill them on the BBQ for around 5 minutes on each side until
7. Assemble with toasted burger buns spread with Boursin,
shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.