We've combined our two favourite treats, banana bread and brownies! This Brownie Bottom Banana bread is topped with a cream cheese icing and is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea! Dessert or breakfast– We'll let you decide.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prep an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee then mix together well.
- Add the white and brown sugars to the mixture and whisk together well.
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, and salt into the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add batter to pan and smooth to the edges. Set aside
- Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce. In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and sugars. Add the bananas and two eggs and mix together. Sift in the
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chocolate chunks. Pour over the brownie batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean and it’s not jiggly in the middle.
- While the cake is cooling. Mix together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing sugar and vanilla whip until smooth enough to ice.
- Once the cake has completely chilled, cover the top with the cream cheese frosting
- Slice and serve!