Your vegetarian friends are going to love these fried halloumi nuggets!
- Put the buttermilk in a large bowl and add the hot sauce. Throw in the halloumi, stir until covered then pop it in the fridge for 20 mins to marinade.
- Put the butter, hot sauce, ketchup, white wine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted. Whisk together to combine, bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Combine all of the ranch dip ingredients in a bowl, then set aside in the fridge.
- In the meantime, combine the flour, paprika, cayenne, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Remove the halloumi from the buttermilk and shake to remove the excess. Dredge in the spiced flour mixture.
- Fill a large sturdy pan a third of the way with vegetable oil, and heat to 180 degrees. Carefully pop the halloumi in the hot oil and fry for 2-3 mins, or until the exterior is crisp, golden and bubbly.
- Add the halloumi to a large bowl and pour over the buffalo sauce, stirring to coat them fully.
- Serve immediately with the ranch dipping sauce.