For this Cajun Chicken Lasagna, we're bringing together two classic cuisines to create a new type of cheesy comfort food that will be a crowd favorite. Equal parts cheesy, spicy, and hearty, this simple lasagna bake will change the way you see lasagna forever.
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry spices.
- Season chicken breasts with 3 tbsp cajun seasoning and oil.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts until golden on both sides. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until cooked through, cover and let rest and shred.
- Meanwhile, add onion to the pan followed by the chopped sausage. Then add the celery and peppers. Cook until just softened then add the garlic. Pour in the passata and bring to a simmer. Add the shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pot, melt butter. Add the flour and cajun seasoning and cook through for a couple of minutes. Gradually add the milk and cream and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer, then add parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread one thin layer of the chicken mix on the bottom of a baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by more chicken, a layer of bechamel and a layer of cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients finishing with a layer of noodles, bechamel and cheese.
- Cover with parchment paper and foil. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling. Remove the cover and grill for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and parsley.