Cinnamon Rolls are delicious as is, but why not cover them with Caramel Apples! There is no need for icing for these cinnamon rolls as the gooey caramel drips over the buns. Make these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls and they'll be on regular rotation!
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat sugar until it starts to caramelize. Stir to incorporate and then when caramel is a nice amber colour, add the butter and stir to combine.
- Add the apples and stir to coat, cooking for 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Arrange apples in a large deep rectangular baking sheet. Set aside
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread butter evenly over the dough, leaving 2 cm at the top edge bare.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over butter evenly. Roll dough into a large log. Take the back of a knife and measure the dough into 12 even pieces.
- Using a piece of string or plain floss, cut into 12 swirls. Arrange on top of the apples. Cover and let rise until doubled about 30 minutes.
- While rising, preheat oven to 200ºC. Bake rolls for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool slightly. Place a large serving board on top. Flip the tin to reveal the apples and caramel sauce. Enjoy!