Carrot cake is a staple to have in your recipe book. Instead of topping it with a sweet cream cheese icing, this one is topped with a no-bake cheese cake. It's basically our two favourite cakes in one. It's delicious, the cake is super moist and the cheesecake ultra creamy. Definitely one to put on your list to make!
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Sift in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk until just combined. Fold in carrots and scrape into a greased and lined 9” cake tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk together cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over cooled carrot cake and smooth.
- Chill in the fridge 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans around the edge of the cake. Slice and serve!