This Easy Carrot Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting is super moist and delicious. The frosting is not too sweet, the perfect balance!
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Sift in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk until just combined.
- Fold in carrots and scrape into a greased and lined 8” cake tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cream cheese, brown sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth. Chill to set until ready to use.
- Ice the cooled cake and garnish with chopped toasted pecans