- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF). Place 4 ramekin dishes in a baking dish with room in between them.
- In a pot, heat cream, tea bag, spices, vanilla and salt over love heat until it’s hot. Do not let it boil. Let it sit for a few minutes to continue steeping, then strain and discard the spices and teabag.
- In a larger bowl, gently whisk or stir together the egg yolks and sugar until combined.
- Temper the eggs, in a slow stream add some of the cream mix and whisk gently. This will prevent the eggs from scrambling. When combined, pour in the remaining mix and stir together.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a measuring jug if you have or anything with a spout. Make sure to remove any foamy bits on top and any bubbles as this will create a layer on top when baking. Let sit in to rest if there are too many bubbles till they subside.
- Then divide the mixture between the ramekins. Pop any bubbles with the corner of a napkin. Making sure the mixture is smooth.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and pour boiled water in the baking dish around the ramekins, until they’re covered halfway.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes just until the tops are set and the middle is still a bit jiggly.
- Cool for a few hours in the fridge.
- When they are set, spoon some granulated sugar on top and shake around to get an even coating. Using a blow torch, evenly torch the sugar until caramelized.
- Let cool to harden then eat.
- These without the sugar coating will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
*IF using the grill: Turn your oven on broil/grill. Place the ramekins back on a baking tray when covered in sugar. Place until a broiler about 3-4 inches from the top. Let the broiler do its work and caramelize the sugar.