This Chicken Parm Deep Dish Pizza combines two absolute classics into one delicious dinner. Make it once, and we promise you'll never order delivery again. Combining crispy chicken, a thick crust, and, of course, lots and lots of cheese, this hearty deep dish will make you forget other pizza even exists.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts, then place under cling film and hit with a rolling pin until evenly flattened.
- Mix your breadcrumbs with your parmesan and Italian seasoning.
- Dip your chicken breast in flour, egg, then seasoned breadcrumbs and repeat with your remaining chicken.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large saute pan and add a couple of chicken breasts. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and repeat with your remaining chicken.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat your olive oil on a low heat. Add your garlic and chilli flakes, and cook out for 2 mins until fragrant and the oil is starting to take on colour.
- Add your passata, onion and butter and stir. Turn down the heat, pop a lid on the pan and simmer for 40 mins until thick and reduced. Add your salt and sugar and set aside.
- Add your water, yeast and sugar to a big bowl and leave to bloom for 5 mins.
- Pour your olive oil, salt and bread flour into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Tip your dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 minutes until you have a smooth dough.
- Place your dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- In a spring form tin lined with butter, press your dough in. With your fingers, work the dough up the sides of the tin until it is fully lined. Stab your base with a fork and bake for 5 mins at 180°C.
- Place your mozzarella in the base of the tin and top with some of your chicken. Spread with sauce, then top with more mozzarella. Repeat until you have filled the tin up to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle with basil and more parmesan, then serve!