This week on What's In Your Fridge, lots of you let us know that you had some chicken knocking around. With this humble chicken, we bring you the ultimate Asian fusion sandwich, the Chicken Satay Banh Mi!
- Toast your coriander seeds in a dry pan for a couple of mins until fragrant. Add to a pestle and mortar along with your garlic, ginger and lemongrass then grind to a paste.
- Add to a bowl along with your soy sauce, lime juice and vegetable oil, then add your chicken to the bowl and mix with your hands to coat in sauce. Pop in the fridge to marinate for half an hour, or as long as you have!
- Pour some hot water into a bowl and add your sugar and vinegar. Stir until dissolved, then add your shredded carrots. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- Add your chilli, shallots and garlic to your pestle and mortar and pound into a paste.
- Whack your paste into a small saute pan and fry for a couple of mins until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 mins until thickened. Add your peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and 200ml water. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat your griddle pan on a high heat, and when smoking, add your chicken thighs. Cook for 10 mins, turning frequently until tender and charred. Remove from the pan and slice.
- Cut your baguette in half vertically. Stuff with your pickle, cucumber, fresh chillis and sliced chicken. Drizzle with your satay sauce and garnish with spring onions and coriander. Serve!