Because normal pie crusts are boring! Put a twist and swirl your pie crust for fun presentation. Filled with a rich chocolate filling ready to be devoured with some ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Roll out one pie crust. Brush with melted butter and sift over cocoa mixed with icing sugar. Roll tightly into a log. Cut into 1/4” rounds. Repeat with second pie crust.
- Press one logs worth into the bottom of an 8” cake tin and press too adhere. Brush with egg wash and set aside.
- In bowl, mix together melted chocolate and butter, set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Pour into pie base.
- Place remaining swirl rounds in a circle in-between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to 1/4” thick and place on top of chocolate filling. Press edges to seal and cut any excess pie crust.
- Brush the top evenly with egg wash. Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.