In this episode of What's In Your Fridge, Sophie uses milk to make a creamy garlic pasta bake - perfect comfort food!
- Wrap your garlic in foil and place in the oven to roast for 30 mins.
- Pour your milk into a saucepan and add your rosemary, onion and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, then set aside to infuse until ready to use.
- Butterfly your chicken breast and cover with clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin so it is all one texture.
- Pop in a bowl and coat with your olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt. Mix with your hands to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium high heat. Add your chicken breasts 2 at a time and fry for a couple of mins on each side until golden and tender. Slice and set aside.
- Once cool enough to handle, squeeze your garlic out onto a chopping board. It should be a smooth paste, but chop through with a knife to ensure there are no lumps.
- In a large saute pan, melt you butter. Add your plain flour and mustard powder and stir for 2 mins until it starts to smell biscuity. Gradually add your milk in small increments, beating all the while until you have a smooth sauce. Bring up to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 mins until it is thickened.
- Add your gruyere, parmesan, roasted garlic puree, lemon zest and parsley to the pan and stir to combine. Season to taste, then add your pasta and chicken to the pan and stir until totally combined.
- Pour your pasta into a baking dish and top with your breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 30 mins until golden and crisp on top.
- Serve immediately!