A different way to serve a cake. Rolled up and when sliced a beautiful stripped pattern inside! Making sheet cakes is easier especially when it just needs a quick roll and your favourite icing.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Set aside.
- Add chocolate to melted butter and stir to melt chocolate. Add vanilla.
- Fold into egg mixture until combined.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients and fold in gently being careful not to break all the bubbles.
- Divide onto two parchment lined greased sheet pans and spread flat. Cook for 7-8 minutes until it springs back when touched.
- While still warm, roll with the parchment but carefully. Set aside to cool for about 30-40 minutes.
- Unroll each cake gently, cut i half lengthways to create 4 strips. Spread a thin layer of buttercream and then sprinkle with crushed cookies. Roll one strip and then put onto the next and continue to roll to form a large spiral.
- Place one half of vanilla cake on a serving platter. Top with a thin layer of buttercream, giant swirl, another thin layer of buttercream then second piece of vanilla cake.
- Cover entire cake in buttercream and sprinkle crushed cookies on the edge of the top.
- Let set and enjoy!