Many of us are trying to add more plant-based swaps into our arsenal — and we’ve got you covered with some meat-free versions of your favourite meals....Like Creamy Sausage Pasta! Our chef Hugh created this recipe using the Cumberland-Style Bangers from the Tesco Plant Chef range. It's a sure-fire crowd pleaser, affordable and sustainable to boot! Of course, it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to making a positive impact on the future of our planet. But by opting for even one plant-based meal a week, you're making a difference. So, why not kick things off with this simple but delicious pasta dish?
- In a saute pan heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, chillies and oregano and cook until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree along with 2 tsp water to the pan and stir to coat well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Crumble the Tesco Plant Chef Cumberland-Style Bangers in the tomato mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the pan. Stir to coat and bring to a bubble then cover. Cook for about 20-25 minutes until the sauce is thickened and reduced, stirring every so often to prevent sticking.
- When reduced, pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente. When cooked, reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce along with some of the pasta water. Stir to coat well in the sauce and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the grated hard cheese.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and more of the cheese. Enjoy!