Croque Monsieur Kebabs
- Cut the loaf of bread into thick slices and remove the crusts.
- If making your own bechemal sauce, melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan and then whisk in the same amount of flour, followed by 2 cups of milk, then keep whisking. Stir in 2 cups of grated cheddar.
- Spread the bechemal on half the slices of bread, then lay down a piece of ham, then emmental, then a smear of mustard. Top with the other slices of bread.
- Cut the sandwiches into quarters and thread onto some kebab sticks. Brush the sides with melted butter.
- Grill on each side basting with more butter if needed until cooked all over.