What more could you want in this world! Chicken! Cheese! Bacon! And some greens thrown in for good measure. This dish will be your new favourite midweek one-pan dinner.
- Add oil to a skillet pan on a medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken breasts and cook for a couple of minutes until golden. Turn over and cook on the other side for the same amount of time before removing from the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and throw in the bacon when it’s foaming. Fry until it is crisp before adding the onions and cooking until soft. Throw in the garlic and cook out for 1 minute.
- Pour in the cream and bring to the boil before turning the heat down and allowing it to reduce for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked broccoli and the cheese, then nestle the chicken into the pan. Coat the chicken in the cream sauce.
- Pop 2 pieces of mozzarella on the top of each bit of chicken and grill for 5 mins on a high heat until the top is golden and bubbly and the mozzarella is melted.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with some garlic bread.