Up the Christmas ante and impress your guests with these tasty corndogs. What isn't improved with bacon?!
- Turn on the oven to 220C/425F.
- Wrap each sausage in 2 pieces of bacon and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 mins until the bacon is crisp. Leave to cool.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, American mustard, wholegrain mustard, hot sauce, honey, vinegar and salt in a bowl. Set aside in the fridge.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cayenne and salt in a bowl. Create a well in the middle and add the egg, groundnut oil and milk. Using a whisk gradually incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ones until you have a smooth batter.
- Fill a large sturdy saucepan a third of the way with vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 180C/350F.
- Put each sausage on the end of a wooden stick. Dip each sausage stick individually in the batter, then immediately transfer to the hot oil. Fry for about 3-5 mins holding on to the end of the stick with your hand and turning it constantly, by which time the batter should be crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce and enjoy!