- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper to a roasting dish. Stir to coat well. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cut one large square in one-half of the French loaf. Remove square piece (this is where the soup will go). Slice the other half of bread in a grid formation across the top.
- Stuff the large square with 4 pieces cheese to coat edges. Stuff the remaining grid with cheese.
- Mix together butter, garlic, and parsley. Brush generously all over the bread.
- Bake for 15 minutes until melted and just golden.
- Place roasted tomatoes into a blender. Add stock and blend until smooth. Pour into the large square.