Everyone loves Hunter's Chicken, a wondrous alchemy of BBQ sauce, passata and that stalwart of the Twisted Kitchen, cheese. Our version takes this delicious concoction and sticks it inside a soft pillowy bun, then bakes the whole thing with a mass of cheese and bacon on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Thoroughly mix the shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, passata and mozzarella and set aside.
- Take a palm sized ball of bread dough and flatten it out. Take a spoonful of the chicken mixture and place it in the middle, then bring up the edges and tightly press together to seal.
- Arrange them in a greased baking tray and then sprinkle with cooked bacon and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until risen and cooked through.