- To make the dough, combine milk, sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together and let sit to allow yeast to bloom.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, whisk to combine. Add the flour and salt and mix on medium speed for 4-5 mins. Then add softened butter, mix until smooth and elastic.
- Then place the dough into a clean bowl, cover and leave to rise for about 45 mins or until doubled in size.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface, knead a few times to knock it back and divide into 6 equal pieces, about 70g each and form each portion into a 15cm long finger shape.
- Place the shaped dough onto a floured tray and leave to prove, covered with a tea towel for about 30 mins.
- Fill a heavy based saucepan with oil and heat to 180 degrees. Once the oil is hot, carefully place your hotdog doughnuts in frying on each side for 2 mins. Remove from oil and place on a kitchen towel.
- In a bowl combine icing sugar, Sheep Dog Whisky and water. Whisk until smooth and then dip your hot dog doughnuts, covering both sides in glaze.
- In a bowl place your vanilla ice cream, before the ice cream becomes too soft, shape into sausage size logs and wrap in cling film. Freeze until hardened. Place panko toasted bread crumbs in a bowl and roll the ice cream sausages in the breadcrumbs coating completely.
- Serve immediately in your glazed hot dog doughnut topped with melted chocolate and crushed peanuts!
for the drink ...
• 56ml ml Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey • 28 ml coffee liqueur
• 14ml vodka
• 28 ml double cream
• Chocolate shavings
1. Combine whiskey, coffee liqueur and vodka over ice. Top with heavy cream.
Garnish with chocolate shavings.