Leftover Pizza Corn Dogs
- Microwave each slice of pizza on high for 30 seconds, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Leave to cool slightly (just enough that you don't burn yourself) then wrap around each hot dog.
- Leave these to cool and set. When they've set stick some sturdy skewers through the hot dogs.
- Make the batter by whisking together the cornmeal, flour and other dry ingredients. When thoroughly combined add the eggs, milk and water. Pour the batter into a relatively narrow, high vessel - a pint glass or small vase would work really well. It needs to be deep enough to dip the whole pizza wrapped hot dog in.
- Preheat the oil to 170°C/380°F.
- Dip each pizza hot dog in the batter, then hold it carefully by the stick and submerge it in the oil.
- Keep it held underneath the surface until the batter has puffed up, then remove and leave to dry on some kitchen paper.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.
Leftover Pizza French Toast Bake
- Chop up the leftover pizza into manageable chunks and place in a dish. You need them to be about two layers high.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and dry ingredients and pour over the pizza slices.
- Top with the grated mozzarella and basil and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes covered then 10 minutes uncovered to allow it to crisp up.
Leftover Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Lay a slice of pizza on a board and top with swiss cheese. Top with the other slice of pizza, cheese side facing down.
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan and add your sandwich. Fry gently with a lid on until the cheese has begun to melt.
- Flip your sandwich and fry, again with the lid on, until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with ketchup!!!
- Put 1/2 cup of pizza sauce in a lasagna dish. Lay in 4 of your pizza slices. Mix ricotta with egg, parmesan and salt. Smooth this over your pizza slices. Top with more pizza sauce and mozzarella. Go on with your final layer of pizza, then top with remaining pizza sauce and mozzarella. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.