This spicy Crispy Chilli Meatball platter with Fried Rice will make you forget about take-out. Just imagaine that sticky red pepper sauce, homemade beef meatballs, and fluffy fried rice coming to your table tonight!
- Combine your beef mince, spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with your hands until fully combined. Roll into balls about the size of golf balls.
- In a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, fry your meatballs in a little oil until they are evenly seared on the outside but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Add your brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, chilli sauce, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil to a small saucepan. Whisk together on a medium heat until your sauce is thick and bubbly. Keep warm.
- In a large wok over a medium-high heat, fry your onions for 5 mins in a little vegetable oil until soft and starting to caramelise. Add your carrots, peas and spring onions and continue to stir fry for 5 mins until they are all soft and fragrant. Add your garlic, cook out for 1 min then tip in your cooked rice. Fry for 5 mins, moving around constantly to ensure even cooking and to prevent it burning. Make a well in the centre of the pan and pour in your eggs. Stir in the centre until totally cooked and scrambed, then incorporate into the rest of your ingredients. Add your oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil, then season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Heat some oil in a wide pan to 180°C/350°F. Whisk together your plain flour, cornflour, eggs and sparkling water in a bowl, then dip your meatballs the batter.
- Carefully place your meatballs in the oil and fry for about 3 mins until the batter is crunchy and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Toss your meatballs through your sticky sauce and serve on a platter on a bed of your egg fried rice! Garnish with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.