Quattro Formaggi Orzo Croquettes
- In a pan fry our diced shallot and garlic until translucent, then add your orzo. Toast the orzo on medium heat for 1-2 mins.
- Then add in white wine and stir gently, allow the wine to evaporate and add in hot vegetable stock. Cook your orzo until al dente, adding stock as you go to prevent it from sticking.
- Once the orzo has cooked, lower the heat and add in your mascarpone, parmesan, and pecorino. Stir to combine and let the cheese melt. Remove from heat and add in your mozzarella cheese.
- Place the orzo in a bowl to cool, then add in your sliced mortadella and torn basil.
- Once the mixture has cooled completely, roll into balls and panne with flour, egg and finally panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown and super crispy.
- To make your tomato sauce, in a small pan add olive oil, followed by a garlic clove, allow the garlic to brown and remove.
- Then add in a sliced chilli, a tin of chopped tomatoes, nduja, basil and salt and pepper.
- Leave to reduce for about 10 mins on low and then serve with your croquettes