- Make your chilli oil, by heating your oil, then add your star anise, sichuan peppercorns, cinnamon. Bring to 160 degrees then turn the heat off.
- Then add your chilli flakes and remove the cinnamon and star anise. Set to one side.
- Make your sausage mix by removing the sausages from their cases and fry in a wok. Add fennel seeds, black pepper, garlic, ginger, 5 spice, dark soy, chinese wine and hoisin. Cook until sticky and dark brown.
- Then make your dan dan sauce, add all the ingredients for the sauce to the bowl and whisk together.
- Cook your udon in a large pot of water until bouncing and delicious. Then blanch your pak choi.
- Assemble your dish, with the dan dan sauce, followed by the noodles, sausage meat, pak choi, coriander, peanuts and spring onions!