The Giant Chicken Big Mac takes a fast-food classic, supersizes it, and brings it to your table. With two massive pieces of crispy chicken, homemade sesame bun, and a rich burger sauce, this huge sandwich is nostalgic and sure to please a crowd!
- Mix together milk, yeast, sugar in a large bowl. Let sit until slightly frothy. Add two eggs and stir until combined. Add in all of the flour and salt and mix until combined. Remove from the bowl and knead, the dough will be sticky but soft.
- Add the softened butter and knead into the dough. Knead for about 10-15 minutes until the dough is soft and forms a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, butterfly chicken breasts and arrange 4 on a lined board, overlapping in the shape of a circle. Place another piece of cling film on top. Using a rolling pin or pound lightly to flatten to about 1/2-inch.
- Transfer to the freezer to chill for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Punch dough down and form into a smooth ball. Place in the centre of a greased round, like a 9” springform pan. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Brush with egg wash and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and spices together in a large deep pan. Whisk and season eggs in another large deep pan with vodka. (Vodka evaporates quicker than water which dries out the battery quicker, therefore, gets crispy faster!)
- Place the large chicken “disk” in the flour and dust to coat. Shake to remove excess. Add to the egg and spread to coat, let any excess drip off.
- Repeat one more time and ending with a coating of flour.
- Fry the chicken very carefully in a large pan filled with about 1/2” of oil at 170ºC.
- Flip once and remove to a cooling rack. Bake in the oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes to cook through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the burger sauce ingredients together.
- Layer the burger together
- To assemble the burgers, spread a little sauce over the bottom base. Top with some chopped onion, shredded lettuce, sliced cheese, chicken patty and some pickle slices. Top with the middle bun layer, and spread with more sauce, onion, lettuce, pickles, chicken patty and then finish with more sauce.